Packed with mixable waveforms, a new sub-oscillator design, the famous Steiner-Parker multimode filter, a super-fast envelope, a syncable LFO, our new step sequencer and a patchable mod matrix, the MicroBrute is a landmark new synth at an incredible price.
A synthesizer is a musical instrument that is meant to be played.
However, playing a synthesizer is more than just playing some notes on a keyboard and recalling someone else’s presets. If that was the goal you could be looking at accordions or going to a department store to buy your keyboard (along with socks, milk and toilet paper)…but you aren’t, because you’re more creative than that.
Sawtooth, Pulse and Triangle waves with unique modifiers. Ultra Saw makes for huge sounds; Metalizer adds complex harmonics to the triangle wave. Sub Osc will rattle the house.
Beefy filter with Low Pass, High Pass and Band Pass modes. Resonance can be pushed into self-oscillation.
Modulate the sound of the MicroBrute by connecting modulation sources and destinations. You can also use it to connect with external gear. With the MicroBrute's stackable patch cables, you get even more modulation possibilities!
You get 8 sequences with up to 64 steps each to create multiple musical phrases.
ADSR envelope generator allows the sharpest attacks or extra-long release times.
The LFO supplies three waveforms and can run in sync with the Sequencer.
The MicroBrute uses 100% analog VCO's. Although ours are very stable, you may sometimes need to tune your instrument.
Connect your MicroBrute with your vintage analog gear.
Process audio through MicroBrute; connect it to your favorite devices thanks to its audio input and output as well as MIDI input.
Control MicroBrute from your DAW or use it as a master keyboard.
- Monophonic synthesizer
- 100% Analog audio signal path
- Steiner-Parker 2-pole multimode filter (Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass)
- Analog Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- Oscillator Mixer (Overtone, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, audio in [on rear panel])
- ‘Overtone’ sub oscillator/5th generator
- Signal enhancers:
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Ultrasaw generates fat sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer brings in extreme harmonics
- Brute Factor™ delivers saturation and rich harmonics
- LFO with 3 waveforms (sine, sawtooth, square)
- LFO can freerun or sync to arpeggiator
- ADSR envelope generator
- Keyboard tracking of the VCF cutoff
- 25-note mini-key keyboard
- Mod wheel (assignable to cutoff or LFO amount)
- Pitch wheel (bend range selectable via software)
- Octave selector from -2 to +2 octaves
- External analog audio input
- CV In jacks: Pitch, Filter, sub-harmonics, pulse width, Metalizer, saw animator
- CV Out jacks: pitch, envelope, LFO
- MIDI In with 5 pin DIN connector
- USB MIDI In/Out
- 1/4” audio output and 1/8” headphone output
- Full-functioned step sequencer:
- 8 memories
- up to 64 steps per memory
- tap tempo
- rate control
- step divisions (via software)
- trigger modes (via software)
- MIDI sync
- Steel bottom panel
- 12V DC 1A power supply